Although many of our friends discovered Con Spirito Music through our arrangements of Advent and Christmas music for brass quintet, we’ve recently added to our catalog a number of original compositions and arrangements of sacred music for Lent, Easter, and beyond.
Click or touch a boldfaced title/description for more information and to preview instrumental and choral music that’s fitting for use in worship during this time.
Lent and Holy Week
- Chief of Sinners Though I Be / Go to Dark Gethsemane — Richard Redhead’s hymn tune to either of these texts, arranged for brass quintet
- Dear Lord and Father of Mankind — C.H.H. Parry’s hymn tune “Repton,” arranged for brass quintet
- Lord Jesus, Think on Me — penitential anthem for unison voices and organ
- Have, Have Ye No Regard? — Good Friday anthem on Robert Herrick’s “His Saviour’s Words, Going to the Cross,” for baritone solo, SATB, and organ
- Were You There? (When They Crucified My Lord) — African-American spiritual, especially fitting in Holy Week and on Good Friday, arranged for brass quintet
- The Call — “Come, My Way, My Truth, My Life” from Ralph Vaughan Williams’ Five Mystical Songs, arranged for brass quintet
- The Day of Resurrection — an overture / medley of five Easter hymns, ideal as a prelude for church orchestra, or for brass quintet, organ, handbells, timpani, snare drum
- God So Loved the World — Sir John Stainer’s anthem on John 3:16-17, arranged for brass quintet
- O Sons and Daughters — joyful Medieval hymn tune arranged for unison choir/congregation, organ, brass quintet, handbells, and timpani
- Hail the Day That Sees Him Rise — Hymn tune “Llanfair” arranged for brass quintet